At Rocklin Pediatric Dentistry we strive to make your child’s visit educational and enjoyable. We want your child to feel good about visiting the dentist and understand the importance of taking care of their teeth. Along with the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, we recommend that a child’s first dental visit be scheduled by his/her 1st birthday. As parents, you can help make your child’s visit a positive one.
- Your child’s first dental visit is a wonderful opportunity for us to establish rapport with your child. We feel this is very important to ensure your child begins to become familiar with our dental office and our team.
- You and your child will receive a guided tour of our office by a member of our friendly and informative team.
- We will do a comprehensive review of your child’s medical health history and discuss any special concerns or needs you may have for your child.
- Our team will spend quality time demonstrating our dental instruments to your child in a gentle and fun way. As your child becomes more comfortable and excited about the visit, we will then complete a comprehensive oral exam, cleaning, and placement of topical fluoride. Radiographs (x-rays) may also be recommended at this visit.
- We will review recommended nutritional choices and give oral hygiene instructions.
- It is best to refrain from using words around your child that might cause unnecessary fear such as “needle,” ‘shot,” “pull,” ‘drill,” or “hurt.” We are experienced in dealing with children with anxiety and can explain treatment procedures in a positive and pleasant manner to avoid any anxious or negative feelings about dentistry. Children should be encouraged to discuss any fears or anxiety they feel.
- After the exam is complete, your child will receive a “goody bag” complete with a toothbrush of his or her choosing, toothpaste, and floss. Your child will also get to choose a balloon and a special reward.
- During this time, our doctors and team will give a summary of your child’s dental exam and answer any questions you may have about your child’s oral health.
We value the trust you place in us as part of your child’s healthcare team and appreciate your cooperation in creating a positive, confidence boosting experience for your child.